God·speed n. From Middle English, God spede you [May God Help You Prosper]
The work of The Godspeed Institute is built on two pillars: Helping people find real prosperity through spiritual growth; and increasing tolerance between people everywhere to end religious violence and war.
The Institute is an independent educational organization, entirely self-supporting and not affiliated with any religion, sect, or other organization. Originally founded by husband and wife Michael and Caer Hallundbaek in picturesque Midcoast Maine, the institute is nestled amongst a few thousands acres of peaceful and quiet wildlife sanctuaries and the (not always so gentle) rhythm of the Penobscot Bay tides. Our work centers around learning, communicating and educating about all the world's spiritual and religious paths to meaning; to provide a sanctuary for the spiritual heritage of humanity; to help all people find peace, joy and real prosperity through spiritual principles and practices, and to help our human family evolve into a species of harmony.
We do not have to live in division, hatred and fear. All babies are born curious, caring and peaceful. We come into this world without cultural teachings that separate us from each other, scare us away from each other and limit our true potential. If we strip away these ideas, we are left with the truth about humans, which among others is:
- All people are one human race, one family, all equal, and equally important.
- All people have equal rights.
- Material, technological and intellectual progress does not increase our ability to care for our selves or one another by themselves. When our decisions as individuals or as a community are not guided by spiritual considerations and principles we create suffering and separation from ourselves, each other and the environment that supports us.
- When we decide to allow spiritual principles and values to guide our thinking and our decision-making we begin to live with compassion and to care for ourselves and others.
- When we live each day out of a desire to be of service to each other, we find peace and joy and real prosperity in our lives.
- When we understand that we are all interdependent with each other, and the environment, and place caring for and sharing with others first, then loneliness and fear leave us.
- When we appreciate and celebrate our differences and our wealth of diversity, we begin to feel part of something greater than ourselves and true meaning and fulfillment are revealed in our lives.
- In the end all we have that really matters is each other and our relationships.
Join us on the journey - Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed on our programs and activities and we always encourage you to email us with questions or suggestion at any time.
We wish you - always - Godspeed.